May 5, 2019
Closing Date April 27
Green Hill Park Equestrian Center
- Horse Trials: Tadpoles – Novice Plus
- Combined Tests: Tadpoles – Preliminary
- Dressage Tests: 2019 USDF Intro to Second Level, USEF Eventing Tests to Preliminary, Western Dressage
- Tadpole*: 2019 USDF Intro Test A, Western Dressage Intro Level 1; ground poles
- Cross Rails**: 2019 USDF Intro Test B; Jumps 18” max
- Green*: 2019 USDF Intro Test C; Jumps 2’ max
- Advanced Green: 2018 USEF Beginner Novice Test A; Jumps 2’3” max
- Beg. Novice: 2018 USEF Beginner Novice Test A; Jumps 2’7” max
- Novice: 2018 USEF Novice Test A; Jumps 2’11” max
- Novice Plus: 2018 USEF Training Test A: Jumps 3’3 max.
- Training: 2018 USEF Training Test A; Jumps 3’3” max
- Preliminary: 2018 USEF Preliminary Test A; Jumps 3’7” max
BREA Members / Non-Members
- Horse Trials: $75 / $85
- Combined Tests: $30 / $45
- Dressage Tests: $25 / $25
- Office Fee: $5 / $5
- Stabling: $20 / $20
Stalls must be cleaned after use.
Entries should be mailed to show secretary listed below & must be RECEIVED no later than the closing date. Entries should include Entry Form, USEA Release, check payable to BREA, & a Current Negative Coggins test (within 12 months of show date). Incomplete entries may be placed on a waiting list. Late entries MAY be accepted and a $10 late fee charged, at the Show Secretary’s discretion. Scratches prior to closing date will receive a full refund less a $10 office fee. After closing date, NO refunds will be given. Entries may have to sign additional liability waivers the day of the show.
1557 Bore Auger Rd.
Blue Ridge, VA 24064
Show Managers/Volunteer Coordinator:
MacKenzie and Rick Krason
Directions to GHPEC:
2961 Harborwood Road
Salem, VA, 24153
Exit 137 off I-81. Turn towards Salem on Wildwood Road. At intersection with Route 11/460, turn right. Go through two lights. At third light, turn left onto Duiguids Lane. Cross RR tracks and pass first entrance to Green Hill Park. Go another mile to the Equestrian Center trailer entrance on your right. There is separate entrance for vehicles not pulling a trailer further down the road.
- Starting times will be emailed to competitors and available by phone on the Thursday before the show. Times will also be posted on www.breventing.org.
- All riders, competing or non-competing, at all times on the competition grounds must wear a riding helmet which meets or exceeds ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials)/SEI (Safety Equipment Institute) standards for equestrian use and carries the SEI tag,with the exception of riders age 18 & over competing at the FEI levels & tests at the Prix St. Georges and above. The headgear and harness must be secured and properly fitted. Any rider violating this rule at any time will immediately be prohibited from further riding until such headgear is properly in place.
- At all horse trials, riders will ride their stadium round & then report immediately to cross country, thus riders should ride their stadium round in cross country attire.
- All dogs MUST be leashed. Owners of impounded dogs will be fined $35.
- Concessions will be available.
- Dress is casual, but neat and tidy. Half chaps are allowed. Body protective vests are required for cross country. Medical armbands must be worn when jumping.
- Ribbons will be awarded to 6th place.
- Horse Trials & Combined Test divisions will be divided into Junior/Young Rider & Senior, unless there are 2 or fewer in a division. If no age is stated on the entry form, it will be assumed that the rider is a Senior competitor (over 18). Show management reserves the right to combine, divide, or cancel classes as entries warrant.
- USEF rules will be followed unless otherwise noted by show management.
- Horses competing in a horse trial may only enter additional dressage tests (no additional jumping phases allowed). No more than 2 consecutive levels of Combined Tests may be entered.
- Paid schooling rounds are only permitted after the entry has completed their judged jumping round(s).
- The cross country course will be open for walking at 3pm the day before the show; course maps will be available under the pavilion.
- Tadpole division is COACHABLE in all three phases. Cross Rails division is COACHABLE in the jumping phases only. Green division is COACHABLE on cross country only. One coach is allowed, other outside assistance is not permitted.