at Green Hill Park Equestrian Center July 29, 2017
A Jumper Derby combines stadium jumps and cross country jumps that might typically be encountered at an event or horse trial. This is a good test of your horse’s willingness to jump a mix of fences or varied terrain. Fun and low key atmosphere!
All are welcome!
Adv Green – Novice Plus Divisions will consist of 3 rounds:
- Round 1: Optimum time round. Set course, the rider with the least amount of penalties and closest to optimum time wins! (time will not be disclosed prior to the round until all riders have gone).
- Round 2: Jumper round with Jump Off. Set course - if clear, rider can stay for jump off round after bell or whistle. Least penalties and fastest time wins!
- Round 3: Gambler’s Choice round. All obstacles will have a set value. Each rider will be given a set amount of time to jump as many of these obstacles clear as possible. The rider with the most points at the end of the division wins!
FEES: $25/class or $65/division
Entries close July 24, 2017 – snail mail or scanned entries only.
No Late Entries will be accepted.
***Only complete entries will be assigned ride times. Payment for scanned entries MUST include a PayPal receipt for payment.***
Please snail mail entries to:
396 Orrix Creek Road
Evington, VA 24550
Ride Times will be available at www.breventing.org July 27, 2017 after 7pm
(Cross Rails and Green will be in main show jumping ring and side field)
- Cross Rails – Cross rail stadium jumps and tiny logs in open area by jump ring. ***Only Optimum Time and Gambler’s Choice classes offered for this division. Can be coached by one person only –additional assistance = elimination.
- Green – Fences up to 2’. Jumps inside and outside of ring. ***Only Optimum Time and Gambler’s Choice classes offered for this division. Can be coached by one person only –additional assistance = elimination.
- (Advanced Green – Novice/Training will be in top of XC Course)
- Advanced Green – Fences up to 2’3”. All in open field.
- Beginner Novice – Fences up to 2’7”. All in open field.
- Novice – Fences up to 2’11”. All in open field.
- Novice/Training – Stadium fences up to 3’3”, all XC jumps will be Novice. All in open field.
- Generally run according to USEA rules where applicable.
- PRE ENTRY ONLY – First Come, First Served until filled.
- PayPal available on www.breventing.org .
- NO UNAUTHORIZED ASSISTANCE ALLOWED – exception is Cross Rails and Green.
- Horses may compete in only one division due to length of courses.
- Attire – neat and tidy informal. SEI/ASTM helmets are required. Medical armbands and protective vests strongly recommended.
- Courses will be available for walking the night prior to the event, the morning of prior to 8 am.
- Ribbons – 1 – 6th for each class. All points awarded will be of BREA Sponsored CT level.
- Incomplete entries will be placed on waiting list. Please see checklist on entry.
- Once bell or whistle blows, you have 40 seconds to start course through flags.
Download Entry Form & Prizelist